An easy side dish that can also be served at room temperature as part of a salad. I love the combination of smoked sweet paprika and sweet butternut squash.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut ends off butternut squash, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- Remove seeds and chop into 1 inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine spices, oil and vinegar into a paste.
- Add squash and toss until coated.
- Arrange the squash cubes in one layer in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 20 minutes, toss once, and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until the squash is browned and is tender throughout.
Holy crap. This is absolutely delicious. The spice, the way it cooks (so moist and tender inside). Love, love, love. I can't tell if I used smoked paprika (sweet Hungarian for sure, but the label is hand-written and lacking), and I definitely used LESS OLIVE OIL. Instead of 3 tbsp, I just used 3 tsp. I couldn't tell the difference, so why not save on calories/fat?
I want to eat this every day for the rest of my life. Even then, I wouldn't be eating it often enough.
Easy to make and delicious. No need to alter this recipe at all, as it's delicious as is.
Great recipe. I didn't use smoked paprika but it still tasted great. I did need to add a sprinkling of salt to the finished product to enhance the flavor. We really liked it. We've been primal for a year now and it fits into our diet without modification so this recipe gets extra points for that!