Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
EASY & TASTY....Serve warm with the Sour Cream Sauce for a gooey, delightful treat. Mom's Tip: Soak raisins in warm water to just cover for a few minutes to plump up. Drain and use in recipe. Gives you a soft, plump, moist raisin in your baked goods.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (I do not use) (optional)
SOUR CREAM SAUCE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- cinnamon sugar, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pans with cupcake papers.
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar, & egg until light and fluffy.
- Blend in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Fold in the raisins (and nuts if using).
- Fill the cupcake papers 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees about 15-20 minutes or until they test done -- Cool.
- Mix all the Sour Cream Sauce ingredients together until smooth and well blended.
- Drizzle over the cooled cupcakes.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.