- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (extra-thick) or 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted almond
- 1⁄4 cup sweetened coconut
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 330 degrees F (165C).
- Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In large bowl, cream butter with sugar until light and fluffy (no less than 6 minutes).
- Add eggs; beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture alternately with yoghurt (or sour cream); beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached.
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, almonds, coconut, milk and vanilla.
- Spoon mixture over top of cake.
- Place under broiler, 3 inches from heat source until lightly browned.
- WATCH VERY CAREFULLY as this can go from caramelly to burned in no time!