Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from Mrs. Selma Hiller, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup lard or 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (dissolved in sour milk)
- 2 cups flour
- Sift flour with spices.
- Cream lard and sugar.
- Add sour milk alternately with flour to the creamed mixture.
- Prepare pans.
- Bake in 13 x 4-1/2" loaf pan for 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
- (Or two regular loaf pans I think would work.).