1/2 Photos of Spelt Flour Biscuits- Light and Fluffy and Full of Flavor
M A Lewis's Note:
Getting heartburn and indigestion from processed flours, my wife has looked for alternative organic ones. Having found spelt flour I had to create a recipe that would incorporate it and still be good tasting, filling, and healthy.
My Private Note
per per ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2In large mixing bowl, blend flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until dough is crumbly. Small pea sized pellets formed. Slowly add milk while mixing. The dough should pull away from sides of bowl. More milk if still to dry/crumbly, less milk if pasty.
- 3If adding other ingredients*, do so before adding milk.
- 4Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes depending on oven. Top will look golden brown and bottom edge is visibly brown as well.
- 5Remove from oven and serve with gravy, butter, jam, syrup, honey -- options are endless -- these are compatable with just about anything.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spelt Flour Biscuits- Light and Fluffy and Full of Flavor
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 34.7 mg
- Sodium 756.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: