Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I love baked rice pudding but it takes FOREVER...this version is super quick and has pretty good flavor for what it is. And just in case your wondering, it is not good if you make it with sugar free pudding..I tried it to save on calories, but it gives it a terrible aftertaste. Enjoy!!
- 4 cups milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (3 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Combine milk, egg, pudding mix, rice and raisins in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.