Speedy Banana Nut Pudding
This creamy pudding is complimented with chopped nuts to give an old favorite a new twist. This speedy method allows you to deliver a delicious dessert in less than half the time.
- Ready In:
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes cheesecake flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box banana cream pudding and pie filling mix
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes vanilla wafers
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts recommeded)
- Slice the bananas and set aside in cool water.
- Steam or lightly boil the chopped nuts until al dente. (The nuts may also be sauteed with cinnamon and butter for an added twist)
- Combine 3 boxes of pudding mix with 4 cups of milk. Mix for 2 minutes on low speed and 2 minutes on medium speed (scraping the sides and bottom for loose powder as needed)Hand mix in the vanilla and almond extract, set aside.
- Combine bananas and nuts.
- Layer a normal square cake pan first with pudding mixture then with vanilla wafers, then with banana nut mixture. Continue this step until you are out of components or your pan is full.
- Refrigerate immediately for 1-2 hours.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or cookie crumbs.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I did not place the banana slices in water. I thought that would make things too mushy. The bananas that I used were ripe, as suggested in the recipe. I did sautee walnuts in a butter/healthy spread blend with cinnamon. This provided a crunchy texture. Similarly, I spread out slices of banana coated with the nuts on top allowing those ingredients, plus the vanilla wafers to be identifiable and deconstructs what is layered below.Reply