Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is from the "Kitchen Survival Guide" by Lora Brody. For as little work as it is, a very tasty recipe. Serve with rice.
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (12 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Put chicken in dish in single layer.
- Mix salsa and yogurt and spread over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
this was okay, I ususally use only Greek yogurt so that is what I am used to and I used a common brand that I purchased in my major grocery store, this might also work using sour cream so I might give that a try the next time.
I loved this recipe. When I was doing the recipe, I found out that I only had vanilla yogurt LOL So I used sour cream instead of yogurt. It works perfectly. I had a 2 color cheddar cheese. This is yummy! I did it with boneless skinless chicken thighs, 40 minutes also. Thanks Megnbrycesmom :) Made for Zaar Star Game.
This was an awesome and easy recipe. My whole family loved it and it was a quick meal.