Recipe by MatahnasMom
This is my stepmother's recipe for spaghetti sauce. It's super-easy to make, and tastes great. My husband actually prefers this recipe over the made from scratch, simmered all day version I used to make--go figure! lol! Less than 30 minutes from start to table, makes this a great weeknight meal. Round out with garlic toast & a green salad.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 onion, diced (use as much or as little as your family likes)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix (any brand, from the seasoning section in the grocery store)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic in a skillet.
- Season with pepper to taste. (I don't add salt to the meat because the spaghetti mix usually has enough)
- Drain the meat mixture in a metal strainer and set aside.
- In same skillet, add the cream of mushroom soup, tomato sauce and spaghetti sauce mix.
- Whisk together over medium heat until blended and smooth.
- Add ground beef mixture to sauce mixture& heat through.
- Serve over hot spaghetti or angel hair pasta.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese.