Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
An easy and tasty side dish that combines one of the most nutritious veggies and quick-cooking instant rice.
- If using fresh spinach, drain well. If using frozen spinach, thaw and drain well.
- In a large pan, saute spinach in butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in rice, water, salt and oregano; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until all liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in onion, lemon juice and parsley; heat through.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese when serving.
I forgot to chop the spinach (I used baby spinach). I used dried parsley. The parmesan cheese is a must on this rice. My BF loved this so much. He took 2 serving. Thanks Jan :) Made for Photo tag.