Recipe by Alexander Miller
A fast and easy chili for those on a tight budget, without much time for cooking. It's also good for a quick sample of those chiles fresh from the garden! Makes 3-4 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) canchilimagic chili starter (Bush's Best brand)
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes, with lime and cilantro (Ro Tel brand)
- 1 (16 ounce) can dark red kidney beans (Bush's Best brand)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon paprika, ground
- 1 teaspoon cayenne, ground
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat contents of 3 cans in a 2 quart pot over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and spices.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for at least half an hour. Stir often enough to prevent a layer of skin forming on top. You may also wish to mash the beans during this time.
- When the desired consistency is achieved serve the chili in bowls. Keep in mind that it will thicken as it cools.
- Leftovers should cool to room temperature then be refrigerated.