Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The yummy almonds,spices and brown sugar are a great combo.These cookies are made to celebrate Sinterklaas in Holland.This recipe is from Bust magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup blanched almond
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons milk
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the dough stir together 1 1/2 cups flour with 1/3 cup flour,baking soda,salt,cinnamon,groud cloves,nutmeg.
- Next add the 3/4 cup brown sugar,mix well.
- Next cut in 1 1/2 sticks of butter and add the blanched almonds and milk.
- Knead everything together into a stiff dough,if its too stiff add 1/2 tablespoon of milk.
- Roll dough out on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with cookie cutters into any shape you'd like.
- Lay out on lightly greased cookie sheet,bake about 20 minutes.