Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from a cookbook from the 30 most requested recipes to the Los Angeles Times. I make this every year and and it's my favorite sweet potato dish.
- 4 cups hot mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, plus
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Mix sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and milk.
- Pour mixture into 1 1/2 to 2-quart casserole.
- Combine pecans, coconut, brown sugar and flour.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Sprinkle mixture over sweet potatoes.
- Bake at 325 degrees 1 hour.