Recipe by Eric N. Frankel
(Please note: I do not officially endorse any of the products or receive payment from any of the manufacturers mentioned in this recipe. I merely offer that which I use in my own kitchen. If your personal preferences differ from mine, please modify accordingly) (Note: Using all of the spices outlined provides a flavor ensemble FAR less pungent than you might imagine)
Top Review by Bergy
Lovely tasting eggs spruced up with the Kielbasa, pepper, garlic, onions & Mrs Dash. I like to add a couple of tbsp of either cottage cheese or sour cream to my eggs to make them a bit fluffier. This is a do again recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 226.79 g Hilshire Farms turkey kielbasa
- 4 extra-large grade aa eggs
- 4.92 ml garlic powder (Adjust to taste)
- 7.39 ml pepper (Pepper Mill Preferred - Adjust to taste)
- 14.79 ml Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (Adjust to taste)
- 29.58 ml mazola right blend oil
- grated cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut top and bottom from onion and peel.
- My personal preference is to slice horizontally and vertically from the top without slicing completely through, then turn the onion on its side and slice from the top.
- The remaining base is then sliced horizontally and vertically as well.
- Remove garlic cloves from the bulb, peel and chop.
- Thoroughly blend Eggs, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Mrs. Dash in a bowl.
- Slice Polska Kielbasa lengthwise, turn sideways, and slice lengthwise again -- the result is a length of kielbasa with a "+" cut.
- Slice thinly from the end.
- In a 10-inch skillet (with lid) saute' onions in oil.
- When the onions become translucent, add diced garlic.
- When the onions become more brown than translucent, add chopped kielbasa.
- When the onions start to become predominantly brown, add scrambled egg mixture, stirring constanly with spatula, flipping occasionally (as you would pancakes).
- When the eggs are fully cooked, remove from fire, serve and enjoy!
- Option: Grate Cheddar cheese on top as desired.