Recipe by Sherrie-pie
A recipe I use over and over again. I've even been known to cheat and use tinned potatoes - the kind with their peels on - heated up. But nothing beats a Jersey Royal! From Simply Delicious. The accompanying note reads: You can serve this salad hot or cold. If you prefer it cold, add the dressing just before serving.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
Delicious both hot and, next day for lunch, at room temperature. The only change I made to the recipe was to sauté the bacon in about a teaspoon of oil in a non-stick pan. I did this so that I could add 2 cloves of chopped garlic, which I sautéed with the bacon. I then cut the bacon into pieces with kitchen scissors. I have just so many potato salad recipes (!), but I’m always open to trying another one! And I’m so glad I tried this one! It was quick and easy to make, and everyone loved it. I’ve made and eaten potato salads with ham, but bacon is SO much better! Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sherrie-pie. I will certainly be making it again, and often.
- 450 g new potatoes
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 slices back bacon
- 1 bunch spring onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon under a hot grill until crisp. Dice bacon and put it in a bowl with the spring onions and hot potatoes.
- Put dressing ingredients in a screw-topped jar and shake well. Pour over potato salad, toss and serve.