Recipe by Cookinggina
This is a yummy lasagna recipe for holiday time or when you need something a little more special, but still easy. Makes 2 casseroles--enough for family get-together or freeze one for later.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) jars meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded parmesan cheese
- 24 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 12 large slice mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, sausage, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce, soup, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, cottage cheese, ricotta and remaining salt and pepper.
- Spread 2 cups meat sauce each into two greased 13x9-inch baking dishes.
- Layer each with 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, four noodles, 1-1/4 cups cottage cheese mixture and three slices of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Times are estimates.