Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
If you've ever been to and Adventist potluck, you've undoubtedly had one version or other of this. It is a delicious alternative to meatloaf. You can make it real low fat with obvious changes i.e. no fat cottage cheese, skim milk etc.. Enjoy!
- Saute onions in butter or margarine until wilted and clear.
- Place eggs, cottage cheese, Natures Seasoning, milk, pecans, and onions in a large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Fold in the Special K cereal and mix all the ingredients together well (until there are no dry pieces of cereal).
- Pour mix into greased meatloaf dish and cover.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 1 hr 15 minutes, then bake an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
- Serve as you would meatloaf.
I've made this recipe several times. Couldn't imagine how it would turn out, but it tastes great and wonderful with any veggie sides or salad. Also good cold as a sandwich. I'd recommend cooking time be extended by about 20 mins. Also tried it with inexpensive puffed rice cereal and it was good too.
I have indeed been to many an Adventist potluck dinner. This is very close to my own recipe. I usually use walnuts instead of pecans though. I think next time I'll try the pecans. Thanks.
A staple at almost every Adventist potluck I've been to. I use an envelope of Lipton's Onion Soup (dry) for the seasoning and no milk, but otherwise the same. Excellent!