Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Taste of Home. Tender, sweet and indulgent....
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I'm used to the gooey stuff on the bottom of cinnamon rolls, but I'm not knockin' these VERY TASTY BUGGERS, believe me! Followed the recipe for a very satisfying cinnamon roll fest! I managed to farm half of them out to neighbor kids, but the rest of them were devoured by the 2 of us! Thanks for sharing a nice recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the Aus/NZ Recipe Swap #20]
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water (110 to 115 )
- 8 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 cups milk, warm (110 to 115 )
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add next seven ingredients;mix well (do not knead).
- Place in a greased bowl; turn once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half.
- Roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in.rectangle; brush with butter.
- Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough.
- Roll up from long side;seal seam.
- Slice each roll into 12 rolls; place cut side down in two greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pans.
- Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over rolls.
- Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Yield: 2 dozen.