5 hrs 2 mins
This is a great recipe! Most Chocolate doughnuts you see only have the Chocolate frosting.Not these! These have the chocolate IN them,WITH a glaze! Prep time is a estimation including the chilling time 8) It will be worth it! 8)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- vegetable oil, to deep fry
- 1Combine all of the glaze ingredients,beat until smoothy.
- 2With electric mixer,on medium speed,beat the eggs until frothy.
- 3Gradually,add in sugar continue to beat until thick and lemon colored.
- 4Add 1/4 cup vegetable oil and vanilla extract,stir well.
- 5Combine next 6 ingredients.
- 6Add to egg mixture alternatly with buttermilk,begining& ending with flour mixture.
- 7Cover the dough and refridgerate for several hours.
- 8Divide dough in half,using one half at a time,put on lightly floured surface.
- 9Roll dough out to 1/2" thickness& cut with floured 2 1/2" doughnut cutter.
- 10Heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375 degrees.
- 11Drop 4 or 5 doughnuts at a time.
- 12Fry until golden or around a minute,turn over to golden each side.
- 13Drain doughnuts well on paper towels.
- 14Dip in Glaze,cool on wax paper.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Special CHOCOLATE Doughnuts w/ Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (1722 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 231.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 162.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 30.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g