Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt and nutmeg.
- Break eggs into flour mixture and mix with a fork, then slowly pour in milk, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon.
- In a large saucepan bring 2 quarts of water , with a pinch of salt, to a boil.
- If you do not have a spatzle cutter, place a colander with very large holes over the pot of water and with a spoon press dough through the colander directly into the boiling water.
- Stir to keep the spatzle from sticking together.
- Cook about 5-8 minutes, or until tender.
- Toss with butter and serve.