Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
This is another favorite way to have strawberries! This makes a sweet, easy treat. We eat them like this plain, and rarely have leftovers.
- 6 cups strawberries, washed, capped, and halved
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons ginger ale
- In a wide shallow bowl arrange strawberries.
- Add organge juice and ginger ale.
- Sprinkle sugar over strawberries, orange juice, and ginger ale.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour, turning berries occasionally.
- If there are leftovers, cover and store in refrigerator.
These were very good and we enjoyed them. I brought them to my mom's for Memorial Day. Quick & easy, nice & light. Thank you for posting. We'll make these again.
It was a quick and simple recipe that my partner and I enjoyed alot! However, I didnt noticed the 1 hour preparation time and simply doubled the orange juice and gingle ale such that the strawberries may be fully soaked in the yummy syrup! Cut down on the sugar and used only about 2 tsp instead. Topped the strawberries with fresh blueberries and sweet mango chunks right on top! The gingle ale gave a yummy fizz to the otherwise ordinary mix! Will definitely make thi again. Thank you for sharing KC!
Very good recipe, we really enjoyed them , I made no changes. It is so easy to prepare. Thank you for the excellent recipe.