Recipe by Molly Bloom
This is by no means authentic, but it's tasty and easier to make than the real one. My apologies to the purists. To the practical cheaters like me, enjoy!
Top Review by loof
Tasty and easy tortilla! Simple with the potato and onion but really good. Served with recipe #190478 and it was a good combination. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2012
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated manchego cheese, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In large non-stick pan, heat oil.
- Cook potatoes and onions together until potatoes are tender, not brown.
- Season with salt.
- Add egg mixture and cook until tortilla can be lifted with spatula.
- Add cheese and put pan under the grill until cheese is light brown and egg mixture is cooked on top.
- If you don't have a grill, bake in the oven until cheese is melted and brown.
- Remove from grill. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
- Accompany with fresh tomato salad.