Recipe by parisucks
Literally 'Summer red wine', it's an ultra-simple tasty drink for hot days. I've known bartenders to make it with a shot of brandy or rum. I go without but by all means try it! Note: I make this by the cup so measurements are estimates.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
This was good, but I think it's probably at it's best right after it's made. I made it in advance, and by the time we drank it several hours later, the "seltzer water" had lost most of its fizz. For the lime flavored seltzer water, I used lime flavored Perrier.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (a cheap tempranillo works great, or any medium bodied red)
- 2 liters lime flavored seltzer water
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 slices oranges (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill 16 oz. glass about 1/3 of the way with wine.
- Mix in 1 tbsp sugar into wine.
- Add a few cubes ice.
- Top off with seltzer and mix. Taste.
- It will probably need more sugar, but i like to add it slowly. I've found there's a fine line between bitter and overly sweet when it comes to this drink. Add bit by bit, mixing and tasting as you go, until you have a refreshing summer drink.
- Garnish with an orange slice.
- Happy hunting!