Recipe by Deantini
Top Review by Annacia
Oh My Heavens, I'm going to buy a case of avocado's and move to Spain! I loved the sound of this delight and had to try it but I couldn't bring myself to use all that fat. I lightly poached the shrimp in salt water until *just* cooked and for the whipping cream I used fat free liquid coffee creamer, I don't feel bad about the avocado because it's "good" heart healthy fat (I know, fat is still fat and we shouldn't overdo). The avocado mash is pure heaven and I could smear it on every thing (I'm currently considering the possibility of cake filling!). If you like avocado and shrimp run to the food processor and make this NOW!!!
- 3 large avocados
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked (or raw)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 ounces whipping cream, unsweetened
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- shredded lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and the bodies and fry briefly in oil, set aside.
- Peel avocados, remove the pits and crush/mush with green onion, garlic, olive oil and cream to form a velvety smooth purée using a hand blender Season to taste.
- Place shredded lettuce in the base of a cocktail dish (optional) then add alternate layers of shrimp and avocado purée.
- Refrigerate until serving.