Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 3 large avocados
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked (or raw)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 5 ounces whipping cream, unsweetened
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- shredded lettuce
- Season shrimp with salt and pepper and the bodies and fry briefly in oil, set aside.
- Peel avocados, remove the pits and crush/mush with green onion, garlic, olive oil and cream to form a velvety smooth purée using a hand blender Season to taste.
- Place shredded lettuce in the base of a cocktail dish (optional) then add alternate layers of shrimp and avocado purée.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Oh My Heavens, I'm going to buy a case of avocado's and move to Spain! I loved the sound of this delight and had to try it but I couldn't bring myself to use all that fat. I lightly poached the shrimp in salt water until *just* cooked and for the whipping cream I used fat free liquid coffee creamer, I don't feel bad about the avocado because it's "good" heart healthy fat (I know, fat is still fat and we shouldn't overdo). The avocado mash is pure heaven and I could smear it on every thing (I'm currently considering the possibility of cake filling!). If you like avocado and shrimp run to the food processor and make this NOW!!!
Wow, the avocado puree was so neat! It most certainly does come out silky smooth, and has a great flavor. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
I used cooked salad shrimp for this. I cut the recipe down to serve 2. We loved the avocado puree. Thanks for sharing. Made fpr ZWT 8- Spain/Portugal.