Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This Spanish condiment can be used as an ingredient in your favorite dishes, as a drizzle on salads and grilled vegetables or simply for dipping bread. I make this in mini batches with good results. This recipe comes from Madhur Jaffrey from a friend in Andalusia.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 5 -6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- Place the oil and garlic in a small saucepan over medium to low heat. Bring the oil to a simmer and let it bubble for just 5 seconds. (Seconds not minutes.) Turn the heat off.
- Let the oil and garlic sit for 15 minutes to allow the garlic to infuse the oil. Stir in the salt and parsley.
- The oil is now ready to use or it can be stored for up to a week. If storing, return to room temperature before using.
Excellent and indispensable for us in the kitchen as well. We make a number of variations of this and the uses are endless. Also just great on corn on the cob or drizzled on fresh greens or other vegetables.
This is better than Pampered Chefs' garlic infused oil- which I love but can rarely afford! I highly recommend using fresh parsley, because it adds the perfect balance to the garlic. I'll be making this for Christmas gifts- thanks, Toni!
Delicious! Used some lovely Spanish extra virgin olive oil, organic garlic, and Italian parsley picked from our herb garden. Addictive as a dipping oil. I'm looking forward to more uses. Thanks, Toni!