1/1 Photo of Spanish Scramble
Spanish style egg scramble is good for breakfast, brunch, lunch or brinner (breakfast for dinner). Enjoy! Serve eggs hot from the frying pan and top with salsa and avocado. Good sides are a tossed green salad and toast or warmed tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons salsa (or water)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 of a medium mild bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 slices deli smoked ham, chopped
- 1 potato, chopped in half inch pieces (partially baked, peeled)
- 1 medium firm tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces cheese, chopped (I use medium cheddar)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- salsa, to serve (your favorite, I use Victoria thick 'n chunky mild)
- 1Preheat large skillet on low heat.
- 2Add olive oil to coat.
- 3Add butter to pan and saute chopped bell pepper, green onions, ham, and potato over medium heat until softened. Add the chopped tomato and heat through.
- 4Scramble the eggs with two tablespoons of salsa (or water) and season with pepper; pour scrambled eggs into the pan, reduce heat immediately to low and cook stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until eggs are almost set.
- 5Add cheese and remove from heat once cheese has melted.
- 6Serve hot with salsa and avocado.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 274
- Total Fat 30.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 320.4 mg
- Sodium 858.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 23.1 g