Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe I also found online, it goes very well with the Roast Pork, Pernil. I love it.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 113.39 g butter
- 39.43 ml sofrito sauce (found in the ethnic aisle)
- 16 stuffed olives
- 9.85 ml salt
- 453.59 g pigeon peas, fresh or canned
- 946.36 ml long grain rice
- 1892.72 ml water
- In a big pot heat up 2 tbsps oil on a low flame and put in the Sofrito and all the other ingredients except rice and water.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Then put the rice in and stir well.
- Next add the water, leave the pot uncovered, cook over medium heat and let the rice dry out.
- As soon as the rice is dry, turn the rice over,in the pot, put the cover back on and put on low flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn rice over again and serve.
Yum! Couldn't resist adding tomato paste and water, just a Puerto Rican habit, I guess. Otherwise, I kept the recipe the same and it was very easy and delicious!
As a Puerto Rican have to say that his rice looks to pale. Tomato paste or sauce its needed it. So next time add a some salsa, we Puerto Ricans loooooove Salsa!!!!
Good recipe to accompany the Pernil recipe I recently got off of Zaar. Thanks.