This recipe I also found online, it goes very well with the Roast Pork, Pernil. I love it.
Make and share this Spanish Rice and Pigeon Peas ( Arroz con Gandules) recipe from Food.com.
- In a big pot heat up 2 tbsps oil on a low flame and put in the Sofrito and all the other ingredients except rice and water.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Then put the rice in and stir well.
- Next add the water, leave the pot uncovered, cook over medium heat and let the rice dry out.
- As soon as the rice is dry, turn the rice over,in the pot, put the cover back on and put on low flame for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn rice over again and serve.