1/3 Photos of Spanish Rice
Family Spanish rice recipe with Rotel and bacon. Don't leave out the bacon fat and butter, it adds a lot of the flavor to the dish. Use Hot Rotel if you like it really spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon in skillet until browned.
- 2Remove from skillet, crumble, and set aside.
- 3Do not remove bacon grease from skillet!
- 4Melt butter in skillet and add onion, pepper and garlic.
- 5Saute until onions are translucent.
- 6Add the Rotel, green chiles and chicken broth and simmer approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 7Add the rice, cover and simmer approximately 20 minutes.
- 8Crumble bacon on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Rice
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.2
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.0 mg
- Sodium 582.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 10.8 g