1/2 Photos of Spanish Oven Baked Roast Chicken
4 hrs 45 mins
This is a recipe I got from a very small "mom and pop" restaurant in a small town in Spain when I was stationed there in the USAF. It was near Madrid and the owner was so gracious and friendly that everyone loved going there. For those who have been there and are wondering, it is from Kiko's.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cover the bottom of a 10 X 18 X 2 1/2 inch oval clay cooking pan (or a comparable glass or ceramic pan) with the olive oil.
- 2Place cut up chicken in pan skin side up.
- 3Place a bay leaf and chunk of onion under each piece.
- 4Dot chicken with butter pieces.
- 5Mix together tomato sauce, wine vinegar, sherry and crushed garlic.
- 6Pour mixture over chicken and sprinkle parsley on chicken.
- 7Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 4 t0 5 hours.
- 8Baste frequently.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Oven Baked Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.2
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 125.1 mg
- Sodium 343.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: