This is a recipe I got from a very small "mom and pop" restaurant in a small town in Spain when I was stationed there in the USAF. It was near Madrid and the owner was so gracious and friendly that everyone loved going there. For those who have been there and are wondering, it is from Kiko's.
- Cover the bottom of a 10 X 18 X 2 1/2 inch oval clay cooking pan (or a comparable glass or ceramic pan) with the olive oil.
- Place cut up chicken in pan skin side up.
- Place a bay leaf and chunk of onion under each piece.
- Dot chicken with butter pieces.
- Mix together tomato sauce, wine vinegar, sherry and crushed garlic.
- Pour mixture over chicken and sprinkle parsley on chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 250 degrees for 4 t0 5 hours.
- Baste frequently.