Snowbunny Andorra's Note:
I thought I'd try to make my own Spanish omelette. I first tried a Rick Stein recipe which used salt cod, but I wasn't impressed, so I thought I'd adapt his recipe to make a plainer version. You could add anything you wanted to it - a bit of chorizo, peas, spinach, ham or just have it plain like this with a bit of salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan.
- 2Over a medium heat, add the onions and cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Meanwhile, cut the potatoes into thick matchsticks (about 5 mm square, the length of the potatoes).
- 4Add the potatoes to the pan and cook for 15 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 5Beat the eggs and season well with salt and pepper. Add the parsley to the mix.
- 6Pour the egg mix over the potatoes, toss quickly to coat and put over a very low heat for 15 minutes, or until nearly set.
- 7Use a plate to help you turn the tortilla over in the pan. Heat over the same low heat for another 5 minutes to cook the other side.
- 8Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Omelette With Sweet Onions
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.9
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 152.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 15.7 g