Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy on effort and big on flavour, this glorious Spanish omelette is great for luch or a light midweek meal.
- 2 potatoes, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 chorizo sausage, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 4 tablespoons grated cheese
- Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until soft but still retaining their shape. Drain.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the potatoes, peppers, chorizo, onion and garlic. Cook for about 10 minutes until everything is sticky and golden.
- Stir in the eggs beaten eggs and reduce the heat.
- Cook slowly until the omelette is lightly set.
- Sprinkle over the grated cheese and grill until golden. Serve hot or at room temperature.