- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- dry sherry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender, puree 2 cans of black beans and set aside.
- Under medium heat, sauté onion and garlic for about five minutes In a medium size pot.
- Add salt, pepper& splash of dry sherry.
- Add puree black beans, 2 cans of whole beans, cumin, chili powder, bay leaves, cilantro and more salt and pepper if needed.
- Lower heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.