Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted by request
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 lemon, juice of, medium
- 1 lemon, zest of, medium
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed for 30 minutes
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a big bowl mix the spinach, onions, cheeses, garlic, dill, nutmeg, lemon juice, and zest until blended.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out each puff pastry sheet to a 12-inch square.
- Cut each square into four 6-inch squares.
- Top each 6-inch square with ¼ cup of the spinach mixture.
- Moisten pastry edges lightly with water; fold each pastry square over filling to form a triangle; seal edges with a fork.
- Brush the tops of turnovers with egg.
- Make 2 or 3 slits in top of each turnover with a sharp knife.
- Place on baking sheets line with parchment paper.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.