Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I'm sorry I just couldn't resist posting, since we've had so many fascinating discussions about Spam in the past. Actually, I think this sounds kinda good, but maybe I would make it with ham or smoked sausage instead of the Spam.
- 1 (12 ounce) can spam lite, cut in chunks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, in juice,drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1 (4 ounce) jarsliced pimientos, drained
- Heat dutch oven over med-high heat.
- Add Spam and onion.
- Saute 5 minutes until browned.
- Stir in soup, 1 1/2 soup cans of water, then remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes to develop flavors.
- Garnish with sliced scallions.
We were looking for something quick snd easy for dinner.The soup was nice and thick and cheesy.We used hickory smoked spam instead of the light.My whole family enjoyed it and we found it filling and satisfying.We will make this again.Thanks.