Recipe by PaulaG
Light and zesty pasta dish. The mint and basil blend nicely for a satisfying dining experience. You be the judge of the amount of jalapeño peppers to add. Serve with crisp side salad and Italian bread.
Top Review by awalde
WOW! This was really a delicious meal! Thanks!<br/>The mint addition made this dish really special for us!<br/>I used turkish peppers (red, long and only light hot) as this is what I have here.<br/>I had small roma tomatos, I seeded and revemoved the inner acid liquid before cutting them.<br/>I will make this for sure again and I can really recommend it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked as per package directions
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Core tomatoes and sliced and cut into strips.
- In a large bowl, add tomatoes, basil, mint, salt, jalapeño peppers and olive oil.
- Set aside and allow mixture to marinade 30 minutes.
- Prepare the spaghetti as per package directions, drain thoroughly, shaking the strainer a few times.
- Pour spaghetti into the tomatoes, add cheese and toss to blend.
- Serve immediately.