Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My 10-year-old son prepared this one night-- it was delicious! We got the recipe from The Everything Kids' Cookbook by Sandra K. Nissenberg, p 75, which says "Everyone will be so impressed that you made this one from scratch."
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1 (20 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic. Cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and paste, water, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- While you wait for the sauce to boil, start your spaghetti (or other pasta) according to the package directions.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook for about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn the sauce to low while you finish cooking the spaghetti.
- Drain the spaghetti and serve on plates or in pasta bowls. Pour the sauce over each serving.
- Top with parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve with Classic Caesar Salad (p. 88), or Cheesy Garlic Bread (p. 87).
Very good sauce and super fast to make. This is now on my list of quick dinner meals!