Spaghetti With Roasted Butternut Squash
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. and start heating water in a large pot for cooking the spaghetti.
- In a 15x10x1 inch baking pan (jelly roll size) toss together squash, peeled garlic cloves, oil and 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper. Evenly spread squash in pan. Bake 15-18 minutes or until squash is tender and lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti, with1 tablespoon salt added to the water, according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan heat butter over medium heat until it turn the color of light brown sugar, stirring frequently.
- In a serving bowl toss spaghetti with about half of the browned butter. Toss squash, garlic, bacon, nuts and nutmeg with the remaining browned butter. Serve squash mixture over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese and green onions.