Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I recently began to like pesto. That's why I'm posting this recipe from Ricardo.
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup 35% cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄3 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour (about)
- Pasta: In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and lightly oil if they have to wait. Set aside.
- Meatballs: Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix all ingredients, except flour. Add salt and pepper.
- On a baking sheet, pour the flour.
- With lightly oiled hands, shape each meatball with 1 tablespoon of meat mixture. Put on the baking sheet, then flour them.
- In the same saucepan or in a large skillet, brown the meatballs in oil. Add stock and cream. Bring to boil and let simmer slowly until meatballs are cooked through. Put the pasta back in the saucepan and add cheese. Stir well and reheat. Adjust seasoning. Add more chicken stock if needed.
- Serve and sprinkle with basil.
Made fresh pesto and ground my chicken so this took a while but was soooo good. Loved it and will make it many times again. Served with Bruschetta With Pesto, Tomatoes and Thingies..
This recipe was amazing. Loved the flavor. Very unique. Love pesto! I added chopped onions to my meatballs to help keep them tender. I also made to sure to cook them all the way before I added chicken broth. I did not add the spaghetti to the sauce. I let people add their own sauce on top of the thin spaghetti. We used ground turkey. Next time I will be doubling the sauce for sure. Thanks so much :)
The meatballs are fabulous in this recipe and so full of flavour. My family are not big on spaghetti so I chose to serve it with penne pasta. I also followed other reviewers adivce and upped the sauce, which I am glad that I did, as there would not have been enough sauce for the pasta following the recipe exactly. The sauce itself is very delicious and so simple to throw together I did add extra cheese as we are big cheese lovers. The basil was a lovely touch to finish the sauce off, I added this right at the end and just stirred through, instead of sprinkling over the top. A quick and easy recipe to prepare and the end result is full of flavour, to those preparing this definitely up the sauce amount and you will have a truly delicious meal. A huge thumbs up from the whole family Boomette.