Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb dried spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups freshly grated pecorino cheese
- coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- Add the pasta to a large pot of boiling water.
- As the pasta softens, stir to prevent it from sticking together.
- Cook it until it is tender, but firm to the bite, al dente.
- Carefully drain the pasta, leaving a few drops of water clinging to the spaghetti.
- Pour the oil into a large, warmed bowl.
- Add the pasta, cheese, and plenty of coarse black pepper, and toss to blend.
- Divide the pasta among warmed shallow soup bowls, and serve at once.
This is a great recipe for when you really needed dinner 5 minutes ago, the last thing you want is takeaway and you need to put something on the table in the next 15 minutes. Great with some tomatoes and salad greens. My toddler loves her "getti" anyway and she loves the cheese too. No problems getting this meal down her.
too oily, no flavor :(