Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pasta dish is a course on its own. From HomeMaker's.
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 ounces diced pancetta or 2 ounces bacon
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms, such as button cremini and shiitake
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 2 tablespoons basil
- parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles until al dente in a large pot of salted water. Drain well and reserve.
- Heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the olive oil in a skillet set over low heat. Add the pancetta and mushrooms; cook, stirring, until browned. Add remaining oil, capers, garlic, salt and hot pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until garlic is just slightly golden.
- Stir in parsley and toss with cooked noodles. Serve with Parmesan cheese on the side.
Exactly what I was looking for. Pasta, full of flavor, relatively simple but complex in flavors. The only change I made was to add 2 more cloves of garlic and up the red pepper when I used the recipe for 2 servings. This was excellent and hubby ate every single bite.