Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy, delicous, cheesy-lemony spaghetti dish. From a book by Nancy Radke, that I acquired in my very brief career in a cheese shop.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 lb thin spaghetti
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup packed fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- fresh basil (to garnish)
- Add 2 tablespoons salt to 5 quarts of rapidly boiling water.
- Stir in spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saute pan.
- Add zest, juice, salt and pepper.
- Heat gently, 1 minute.
- Toss with spaghetti.
- Add basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano and toss until spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Serve in warm large bowls and garnish with extra basil leaves.
- Pass more cheese.