Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Spaghetti with a kick! For adults only ;-)
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 whole dried chilies, crumbled
- 50 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 600 g peeled plum tomatoes
- 150 ml vodka
- 150 ml double cream
- 320 g spaghetti
- Heat the olive oil in a thick-bottomed saucepan.
- Add the garlic, oregano and chilli and fry for two minutes until the garlic starts to brown.
- Add the tomatoes, stir and cook over a low heat for at least 30 minutes or until thick.
- Cool, then push through a sieve or whiz in a food processor to form thick puree.
- Add the vodka to the sauce, stir and heat up.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the cream to boiling.
- Cook the spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain and add to the vodka tomato sauce.
- Add the boiling cream and Parmesan and stir to coat.