Recipe by wife2abadge
I got this from another website and everyone in my family liked it. I thought it was delicious and very filling. I use the "Mexican style" type diced tomatoes. For a different taste, use Parmesan or low fat cheddar on top.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
I love using spaghetti squash as a healthy and point friendly alternative to pasta and was instantly drawn to this one. I did an Italian styled version for 2 people and used a mix of lean ground turkey and Italian sausage seasoned veggie crumbles. Topped with a mix of reduced fat feta and mozzarella, it was a perfect comfort meal that was healthy to boot.
- 1 spaghetti squash (mine weighed three pounds when whole before cooking)
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
- Pierce the squash in several places, put on a plate and microwave until tender (mine took about 20 minutes).
- Allow cool while you cook the meat and veggie mixture.
- Brown meat with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, and bell pepper.
- Drain and add Italian spice and tomatoes.
- If it seems really liquidy, cook some of the liquid off.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds and discard them.
- Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti into strands and mix gently with sauce mix.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake 10-15 minutes more.