Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this from another website and everyone in my family liked it. I thought it was delicious and very filling. I use the "Mexican style" type diced tomatoes. For a different taste, use Parmesan or low fat cheddar on top.
- Pierce the squash in several places, put on a plate and microwave until tender (mine took about 20 minutes).
- Allow cool while you cook the meat and veggie mixture.
- Brown meat with garlic, onion, salt and pepper, and bell pepper.
- Drain and add Italian spice and tomatoes.
- If it seems really liquidy, cook some of the liquid off.
- Cut the squash in half and scrape out the seeds and discard them.
- Use a fork to scrape the spaghetti into strands and mix gently with sauce mix.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top and bake 10-15 minutes more.
I love using spaghetti squash as a healthy and point friendly alternative to pasta and was instantly drawn to this one. I did an Italian styled version for 2 people and used a mix of lean ground turkey and Italian sausage seasoned veggie crumbles. Topped with a mix of reduced fat feta and mozzarella, it was a perfect comfort meal that was healthy to boot.
I really enjoyed this dish. Used ground beef instead of turkey. Good with any cheese as topping. Thanks. Will make again.
This is SOOOO good!! Spaghetti squash is a new favorite of mine. I made it exactly as written and love it!!