Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Soup my grandmother made during the depression. So good on those cold winter days.
- 5 quarts water
- 4 -5 medium potatoes, pealed and cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 -2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons Italian spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oleo
- 1 lb spaghetti noodles, broken in half
- 1 -2 teaspoon parmesan cheese or 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- In 5 quart pot fill with water up to 1" from top add potatoes, tomato paste, and seasonings, add oleo. Bring to boil.
- Add spaghetti after boiling then cook until noodles done.
- Put in bowl add cheese to individual bowls. It melts and gets stringy.