Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a basic recipe for spaghetti sauce. Feel free to add your own ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the chopped onion, mushrooms, garlic, and herbs.
- Cook until onions are transparent and liquid is reduced.
- Reduce the heat to low, add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cover the skillet and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste.
I was unsure at first about this recipe because I'm not a fan of strong tomato flavor (even though I like spaghetti sauce and canned tomato soup). However, this sauce is amazing whether your following Core or just want a sauce that's better than you can get at the store. Thank you so much for the recipe!
I thought the flavor was good, but it was really incredibly thick. I had leftovers and the next time I wanted to use any, I had to thin it out with some tomato juice. I think next time I make this (and I will make it again), I'll use a small can of Italian style tomato sauce.
This is the best spaghetti sauce I have ever tasted. My hubby loves it as much as I do. And it is so easy. Thank you very much for posting it.