Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the perfect solution to a pasta-lover who lives without a stove top. I cooked this recipe in my rice cooker. This entire recipe cost around $0.35 a person. I made this in my 6-cup rice cooker.
- 2 cups of uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups pasta sauce
- 1 cup chopped mushroom (optional)
- 1 cup chopped grilled chicken (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup cheese (optional)
- Break spaghetti in half to fit in Rice Cooker and cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Press Cook until pasta tastes soft.
- Drain pasta.
- Add mushroom, chicken and sauce.
- Continue on cook for 5 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
Awesome! I used wheat pasta and omitted the chicken and mushrooms. Great idea! This is definitely easier than stirring pasta over a hot stove. it didn't stick to the rice cooker, and it tasted great. i used a lot less sauce b/c i'm not a sauce person. what else...oh yeah, the way i knew my pasta was done: when it started to boil over and i lifted the lid to calm it down four times. then i tried the pasta and it was a good texture. softer than i usually make it, but then i usually like pretty firm pasta. again, awesome idea. mine is a 6-cup rice cooker as well.