Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was on the back of a pkg. of spaghetti that I'd gotten from Sam's Club. It's great for a light dinner, or when you want to get supper on the table personally prefer to use fresh herbs whenever possible. I just feel it's worth the extra pennies to get the fresh flavor. When using wine in your recipes, use wine that you yourself would drink. Times do not include time for cooking spaghetti.I also tear a few leaves of basil and add to the sauce right at the very end of the cooking time.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in skillet over med. heat.
- Saute` mushrooms and garlic lightly for 2 minutes.
- Add white wine and lemon juice.
- Simmer over low heat until liquid has cooked down by one-half (about 4 min.).
- Stir capers into sauce and heat thoroughly.
- Add cooked spaghetti to skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Garnish with lemon wedge and serve.
Fluffster - This was awesome!! I made this exactly as written. While the sauce was simmering down, I added some pork cutlets and a few ladels of the pasta water. I finished with cilantro instead of parsley. Served with whole wheat pasta, salad, bread and white wine. Fabulous Dinner!!!