Recipe by Erin Segroves
A yummy, low-fat vegetarian spaghetti-- quite a departure from the usual tomato sauce.
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.
- Add thawed spinach to spaghetti during the last few minutes of cooking.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1/2 cup of water to a boil.
- Add cube of broth.
- Saute onion and garlic in broth for a few minutes.
- Add the garbanzo beans, rosemary, oregano, and basil.
- Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain spaghetti and spinach.
- Add bean mixture to spaghetti.