Recipe by Happy Harry #2
This is based on a spaghetti dish serve in Liguria, Italy. It comes from Egi Maccioni.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 large white onion, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 small apple, cored, peeled and thinly sliced (I like a tart apple)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, peeled and deveined (I have used frozen)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons white wine (good stuff, please)
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil.
- Add the onion and apple and cook until apples just begin to soften.
- Add parsley and cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and the curry, increasing the heat to medium high.
- Cook just until the shrimp turn orange and opaque, 7 to 10 minutes. (If using frozen, cleaned shrimp, defrost, drain well, and heat until hot).
- Meanwhile, in al large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Drain, combine with the shrimp mixture and serve immediately.